- How amazing the talent is within Mark Wahlberg. He really has surprised me over the years with the different roles. I watched "The Lovely Bones" last night and thought he did a great job. Not to mention how cute he is ;)
- The girl that gets ready in the morning at my work gym - every day she runs through the same routine to get herself ready. I watch her absentmindedly as I get ready and think about her routine. Her simple steps every day without fail inspire me to find a way to change it up for her. How I love to shake things up sometimes - even in a little way like that. Hehe :) Hey, she should enjoy getting out of the box sometimes - it'll help her adapt :)
- OK I have to get this out of the way. I am very grateful computers came into this world, and in particular my world in 1982. I still love computers today and never grow tired of the possibilities that the IT world has available. Each and every day I am thankful that I know what I love to do and am able to do it for a living. I know many other people still are trying to figure it out.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Such a beautiful day this morning, allthough it was freezing when I got up at 6am. It's sooooo cold that early in the morning! So I'm starting this early as to ensure I capture the items I have for today :) I might just crash after work today because I'm exhausted with the 6am days!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Oh Boy today I'm in a funky mood so I don't know how many things I'll write. But I promised myself 5 so lets get going!
- I love online banking. It makes it so easy to check whats going on without any interaction with a person. The best part - IT'S FREE!!
- Claudia at the Gas Company was so helpful today - she's great and efficient. She got things going for me 4 days earlier than they are supposed to. Yay Claudia!
- Pat was great today, promptly calling me back and giving me the information I needed. VERY thankful, as I know he is super busy!
- John is wonderful and keeps us kosher. He really looks out for us and I appreciate it with all he has going on.
- I was honored yesterday for some help I gave to the Sales team with their website. I thought it was a very kind gesture for them to give me a silver award. Yay!
- For believing in me - ya I said it ME. I've been feeling inadequate lately but this week I have pushed through that and I have discovered things others have missed and completed things much faster than I expected. GO ME!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
So today is day one of the gratitude journal. The purpose of this exercise is to identify those things that I am grateful for 'on paper'. My goal is to collect at least 5 per day.
So here goes for today:
So here goes for today:
- My colleague Dan who loves words like I do - shared a fantastic new resource to learn more words and improve my vocabulary.
- Today when I went out for lunch I was happy to note that it was NOT raining :)
- This morning's meeting with International colleagues went fantastic and I was very articulate and influential.
- I completed several tasks today that I was not sure I would be able to finish given the amount of work I needed to do.
- This morning a colleague which I never talk to made a connection with me on my Mammoth Poster in my cube. This is great for awareness :)